Create a board
Choose a background and schedule your invites and delivery dates.
Invite coworkers, managers, executives, and other teams to recognize and add to the board.
Send and share
Once everyone has added their shout outs and optional gift cards, deliver the board via email or in-person as an employee award.
Enjoy the award
Save the employee award forever—bookmark it for a rainy day or print it as a book or poster.
Check out these sample employee awards
Take it to the next Level with a Subscription
Team morale boost, delivered.
Empower colleagues to celebrate each other and have a stronger sense of belonging at work with Elevate by Kudoboard.
Unlimited boards and multiple board creators to celebrate all your milestones, company events, & peer-to-peer recognition.
Custom branding lets you personalize your Kudoboard’s with your organization look & feel.
Automate board creation for employee birthdays and work anniversaries.
Integrate with your key systems like SSO, Slack or MS Teams, and more.
- Your logo at the top
- Custom pricing
- Custom URL
- Proactive moderation
- Multiple administrators
- Embeddable content
- Board export
- Tagging, likes, and comments
- Custom disclaimer
- Custom input fields
- Board metrics
- Dedicated account manager
Easily customize the look and feel for your employee award board, including background artwork, fonts, personalization, display experience and add-ons.
Executives, coworkers, clients, vendors… anyone can add to your employee award board, no matter where they are. Just drop them the link or display the QR code.
A Kudoboard post is much more than a signature or quick “Thank you!” Posts can include shout outs, memories, photos, videos, and any other tribute.
Schedule reminders to participate and delivery the board on the occasion date.
Recipients can quickly thank contributors once they receive their award. Thank you FOR thank you!
Boards last forever, so recipients can bookmark for future inspiration or confidence boosts.
Print your memories, photos, and shout outs for a permanent reminder of their appreciation.
Display your employee award board during a party or on a team meeting—our slideshows are perfect!
Add a Gift Card
Attach a gift card to your Kudoboard for even more appreciation. Crowdfund with the team or fund from a single source.
Great for Hybrid Teams
Remote and hybrid teams can still be connected through virtual company events. Kudoboard’s features are designed for virtual connection.
reason people leave their job is because of a lack of recognition.
of people would be happier if they were celebrated at work.
of people feel happier at work when they receive a Kudoboard.
prefer a Kudoboard over a paper card. It’s more authentic.
of customers experience a positive impact on morale with Kudoboard.
prefer contributing to a Kudoboard over a paper card. It’s more fun.
improvement in team morale is gained by Kudoboard deployment.
say companies undervalue the effects of recognizing people.
Why is Peer-to-Peer Recognition Important
Peer-to-peer recognition plays a key role in improving job satisfaction, employee retention, and other aspects of the workplace.
How to Write a Peer Recognition Message
A peer recognition message is an opportunity to express appreciation to your coworker. To better understand how to write your message, follow these steps.
What Is A Work Anniversary
Learn the importance and definition of a work anniversary. Learn the importance of recognize employees for their time serving the needs of a business. In this article, we explore how to build team morale, employee loyalty, and great ways to celebrate work anniversaries.
Frequently asked questions about employee awards
An employee award is a formal recognition or honor bestowed upon an employee in an organization to acknowledge their outstanding performance, achievements, contributions, or years of service. These awards are a tangible way for employers to express appreciation and gratitude towards their employees, motivating them to excel in their roles and fostering a positive workplace culture. These awards serve as a means to motivate, retain, and engage talent while fostering a positive and appreciative work environment.
Employee awards come in various forms, ranging from individual recognitions to team-based accomplishments. Some common types of awards include Employee of the Month, Salesperson of the Year, Team Achievement Awards, and Longevity Awards for years of service. Each award category serves a unique purpose, but all share the common goal of recognizing excellence and encouraging employees to strive for continuous improvement.
Kudoboard plays a pivotal role in enhancing the employee awards experience. It transforms the traditional approach of awarding certificates or trophies into a modern, digital, and highly personalized celebration. Here’s how Kudoboard can help organizations take their employee awards to the next level:
- Personalization: Kudoboard allows employers to create customized boards filled with messages, photos, videos, and GIFs. This personal touch goes beyond a generic certificate and makes the recognition heartfelt and memorable. It showcases the unique qualities and achievements of each employee, making them feel valued.
- Accessibility: In today’s digital age, remote and distributed teams are becoming increasingly common. Kudoboard bridges the gap by providing a virtual platform where employees from different locations can participate in the recognition process, ensuring that no one is left out.
- Efficiency: Traditional award ceremonies can be time-consuming and logistically challenging. Kudoboard streamlines the process, saving both time and resources. Employers can easily create and share recognition boards, along with physical awards or events.
- Team Engagement: Employee awards are not just about recognizing top performers but also about motivating others to excel. Kudoboard encourages peer-to-peer recognition, where colleagues can express their appreciation, reinforcing a culture of recognition and camaraderie.
- Long-lasting Impact: Unlike physical awards, which may end up collecting dust on a shelf, Kudoboard recognition boards are digital and can be revisited anytime. Employees can look back at their achievements, boosting their sense of accomplishment and pride in their work.
- Analytics and Feedback: Kudoboard provides insights into the impact of recognition efforts. Employers can track engagement, see which employees are actively participating, and gather valuable feedback to refine their recognition programs.
In conclusion, employee awards are a cornerstone of modern workplaces, fostering a culture of appreciation and motivation. Kudoboard enhances this tradition by making recognition more personal, accessible, efficient, engaging, and impactful. By utilizing Kudoboard, organizations can elevate their employee awards programs and create a workplace where employees feel valued and inspired to achieve their best.
Employee awards are important for several reasons, and they play a significant role in fostering a positive and productive workplace culture. Employee awards hold importance in organizations in the following ways:
- Recognition and Appreciation: Employee awards are a tangible way for employers to express gratitude and appreciation for the hard work, dedication, and contributions of their employees.
- Motivation: Recognition through awards serves as a powerful motivator. It not only acknowledges past accomplishments but also encourages employees to continue striving for excellence and putting in their best effort.
- Retention: Recognized and appreciated employees are more likely to stay with the organization. Employee awards contribute to higher employee retention rates by creating a sense of loyalty and attachment to the company.
- Productivity and Performance: When employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements, they are more inclined to maintain and improve their performance. This leads to increased productivity, higher quality work, and better outcomes for the organization.
- Peer Inspiration: Employee awards can inspire other employees to excel in their roles. When colleagues see their coworkers being recognized, it sets a positive example and encourages healthy competition and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Employee Well-being: Feeling valued and recognized at work contributes to overall employee well-being and reduces stress. It creates a positive work environment where employees are more likely to thrive.
- Customer Satisfaction: Employees who feel appreciated and motivated are more likely to deliver excellent customer service.
- Attraction of Top Talent: A workplace known for recognizing and rewarding its employees is more attractive to potential recruits.
Employee awards are essential. Kudoboard not only recognizes past achievements but also inspires continuous improvement which contributes to the overall success of your organization.
At Kudoboard, we are constantly looking for fun ways to award employees and surface up employee awards ideas. Visit this blog, 25 Workplace Appreciation Ideas That Really Work, for some examples.
But what are the best company employee award programs?
In general, the best employee awards ideas can vary depending on the organization’s culture, goals, and the preferences of its employees. What works well in one company may not be as effective in another. However, here are some popular and effective employee awards ideas that many organizations find valuable:
The responsibility for running employee awards and recognition programs typically falls on a combination of HR (Human Resources) professionals, managers, and leadership teams within an organization.
The key is to have a well-structured program that aligns with the organization’s values and goals, is communicated effectively, and involves various stakeholders in the process to ensure its success.
Here is a list of resources related to employee and workplace awards. In addition, we recommend you browsing our resources.
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL):
- Website: www.dol.gov
- The DOL may have resources related to workplace recognition and employee awards, particularly in the context of labor and employment laws.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM):
- Website: www.shrm.org
- SHRM is a professional organization that often provides articles, guides, and resources on employee recognition and awards.
- Website: www.worldatwork.org
- WorldatWork is an association focused on compensation and benefits. They may have resources related to employee awards and recognition.
- Nonprofit Organizations (e.g., Great Place to Work Institute):
- Organizations that promote workplace excellence, like Great Place to Work, often publish research and articles on employee recognition and awards.
- Website: www.greatplacetowork.com
- Local Government Websites:
- Check the websites of local government agencies or departments of labor in your specific region or country for information on employee recognition programs and awards.