Create a board
Add fun GIFs, videos, messages, links, and photos for the entire department.
Invite the department
Invite coworkers, managers, executives, and other stakeholders to add to the group card.
Send and share
Share the board in your department meetings, a town hall, or at a team party. Deliver via email to anyone!
Save the board forever by bookmarking it, or printing it as a book or poster for permanent memories.
Customize your department event cards – here’s a taste:
Take it to the next Level with a Subscription
Team morale boost, delivered.
Empower colleagues to celebrate each other and have a stronger sense of belonging at work with Elevate by Kudoboard.
Unlimited boards and multiple board creators to celebrate all your milestones, company events, & peer-to-peer recognition.
Custom branding lets you personalize your Kudoboard’s with your organization look & feel.
Automate board creation for employee birthdays and work anniversaries.
Integrate with your key systems like SSO, Slack or MS Teams, and more.
- Your logo at the top
- Custom pricing
- Custom URL
- Proactive moderation
- Multiple administrators
- Embeddable content
- Board export
- Tagging, likes, and comments
- Custom disclaimer
- Custom input fields
- Board metrics
- Dedicated account manager
Easily customize the look and feel for your department event, including background artwork, fonts, personalization, display experience and add-ons.
Executives, coworkers, clients, vendors… anyone can add to your online company celebration board, no matter where they are. Just drop them the link or display the QR code.
No need to worry about walking a card around or getting their address. Simply schedule the board to be shared via email on a day of your choosing.
Recipients can quickly thank contributors once they receive their card or after the company celebration.
Boards last forever, so your team can save the company celebration board for future inspiration.
Print your memories, photos, and shout outs for a permanent keepsake in memory of your loved one.
Display your company celebration board during the celebration or on a team meeting—our slideshows are perfect!
Great for Hybrid Teams
Remote and hybrid teams can still be connected through virtual company events. Kudoboard’s features are designed for virtual connection.
Emojis & Comments
Upgrade to a business plan to use comments and emoji reactions to posts for even more connection.
Kudoboards are more sustainable for your wallet AND the earth.
reason people leave their job is because of a lack of recognition.
of people would be happier if they were celebrated at work.
of people feel happier at work when they receive a Kudoboard.
prefer a Kudoboard over a paper card. It’s more authentic.
of customers experience a positive impact on morale with Kudoboard.
prefer contributing to a Kudoboard over a paper card. It’s more fun.
improvement in team morale is gained by Kudoboard deployment.
say companies undervalue the effects of recognizing people.
6 Ways to Get Large Offices to Sign Group Greeting Cards
Getting the everyone engaged in signing group greeting cards is no easy feat, but it’s an important part of overall success.
When Should You Use a Virtual Greeting Card?
A virtual greeting card is a versatile way to celebrate and show appreciation. Discover 32 situations where you can use a virtual greeting card.
Frequently asked questions about department event boards
A department event is an activity or gathering set up by a specific department in an organization. It can take the form of things like an office party, holiday celebrations, team-building activities, or seminars. These events are organized for team members to come together to celebrate, talk, connect, and collaborate.
Department events are an important way of building relationships, strengthening company culture, and providing growth and development among employees. When teams have opportunities to interact and have fun it builds camaraderie and trust, which are both crucial for workplace engagement. Department team events create space to share information and find solutions to challenges, which strengthens employee skills and improves performance, efficiency, and innovation. Events also allow time for employee and team achievements to be celebrated together, boosting morale and improving job satisfaction. When employees are having fun and look forward to interacting with their co-workers it naturally leads to better workplace engagement and higher employee retention rates.
Team building activities are an important way to strengthen your team and company culture. When teams work well together and enjoy each other’s company it shows in workplace morale and team engagement. Using a department event is a great way to provide opportunities for team building. Once you have identified your specific goals and objectives for team building, choose activities that will encourage collaboration and problem-solving. Look for opportunities that foster effective communication and help team members to get to know each other personally. After the department event is done provide continued chances to keep the momentum going with more gatherings or events.
The demand for department event planners will vary depending on what type of industry you are looking in and what goals the leaders of the organization have. For companies that prioritize workplace engagement, employee experience, and company culture are more likely to invest time and money into hiring someone to help plan and facilitate team events.
Department events provide a chance to build relationships and strengthen company culture within an organization. Choosing the best type of events to plan for your team will require time spent understanding what will be most beneficial for your unique circumstances, goals, and budget. Here are a few department event ideas to get you started:
- Games and Competitions: take your boring work meeting and spice it up with team-building games and challenges. Separate into groups or teams and host rounds of trivia or “Minute to Win it.”
- Office Olympics: design office-friendly events for employees to compete against each other in ways that encourage teamwork and collaboration, and sharing of talents.
- Family Day: host an outdoor office party in the warmer months with catering or potluck where employees can bring their families or friends to enjoy games, food, and friendly conversation.
- Escape Room: these wildly-popular events create a fun and unique way for teams to work together and solve clues and puzzles in a short amount of time. It delivers teamwork, communication, and problem-solving chances in the form of an exciting game.
- Movie night: rent out a theater room or set up an area in the office to host a movie screening party with popcorn, candy, and drinks.
- Office Bar or Happy Hour: give employees a chance to wind down and relax while enjoying each other’s company and having a good time. Up the fun by combining it with a team awards ceremony (Cue the Dundee awards ceremony scene from The Office).
Department events, if done right, can provide teams the chance to boost morale, improve engagement, increase job satisfaction, and strengthen relationships. Companies that take the time to learn how to plan effective department events will reap the benefits in many areas. Here is a list of things to help you plan a strong department event:
- Know Your Audience: look over your list of employees and who will be in attendance before selecting your activity. Take note of physical abilities or disabilities, as well as personalities and preferences.
- Ask the Team: give employees the chance to weigh in on what types of events they are interested in. Ask for feedback on past events to know what they liked and what they thought was a waste of time.
- List Your Goals: Write down a list of specific objectives you have for the department event outcomes (building trust, improving communication, stress management, etc.). Decide what priorities you have and then select activities that encourage those things.
- Incorporate Novelty: everyone has experienced the standard or typical work party or holiday celebration. Seek out ways to incorporate activities that team members haven’t tried before or try to put a unique spin on something already done.
When looking for department events in your area, social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are most likely to have up-to-date information. Companies often have pages or accounts dedicated to sharing notifications about events happening soon. Next, check channels of communication like email announcements or bulletin boards for upcoming activities. Look up company event calendars online or try reaching out to companies individually. Lastly, contacts in a company’s HR team are also a great place to start when looking for event information.
If you are looking for a way to access everything needed for workplace appreciation and team engagement all in one spot, you have come to the right place! Elevate by Kudoboard is an ongoing business plan that provides all of the bells and whistles your employees deserve to feel recognized and valued by their company. Our plan provides unlimited customized boards, making it perfect for any size team to come together and participate in team events anytime you need it. Our business plan makes it easy to quickly organize a department event that will be remembered by all!
Start your free trial today and experience workplace appreciation and celebration reimagined.
Kudoboard’s online platform allows employers and employees to create and share messages on digital boards for appreciation, recognition, and celebration. You can customize each board to your specific needs, making it a great option for fostering connection in the workplace. Here are the steps for using a Kudoboard for your next department event:
- Create an account on Kudoboard’s website and click “Create a Kudoboard” to get started.
- Customize your board with a title, background, and any other elements you want.
- Post your content and information about the event, then invite other department members to participate by sending them a link to join the board. From there, participants can add their contributions related to the department event in the form of messages, pictures, videos, or GIFs.
- Once the board is filled with everything you want, you can present it in the form of a slideshow during the event, and also post a link so those who couldn’t attend can still enjoy the board.