We at Kudoboard recognize that showing appreciation for others is a whole lot easier when you are feeling appreciated yourself. That can be tough in December, a very stressful time for many of us as we confront the pressure to spend lots of money, entertain family, and pretend we like those Christmas carols. Before your anxiety and stress cause you to crash, try the following seven activities. Treat yourself so you can treat others.
- Take a warm bath. Don’t forget the bubbles and candles—you’ve got to do it right.
- Get some fresh air. Go for a walk. Nothing clears the mind like the great outdoors, and your body will appreciate the endorphins.
- Indulge in your favorite dessert(s). It’s okay to eat that whole pint of Ben & Jerry’s. It’s for therapeutic purposes, right?
- Buy that handbag or gadget you’ve been wanting. Sometimes a little retail therapy is all you need to bring up your mood and make you feel special.
- Practice mindful meditation. AHMMMMMMMMMM. Breathe in, breath out.
- Binge on your favorite Netflix show. Don’t feel guilty. A whole season of House of Cards? Yeah, what about it…
- Meet up for drinks with friends. Chat with your pals and throw back a couple martinis/beers while you’re at it.
These tips may seem trivial, but don’t underestimate the power of the little things.